Congwong Beach – Sand Dune Restoration, La Perouse, Sydney
Come join us as we conduct sand dune rehabilitation works at Congwong Beach. The area is a place of significance for traditional land owners the Gweagal and Kameygal with important cultural sites located within the park. A beautiful part of Botany Bay, favoured by scuba divers, snorkelers, families, travellers and residents alike. The focus of the Congwong Beach sand dunes restoration project is removal of Bitou bush and other invasive species from the dunes, to rehabilitate and re-establish the native vegetation. Sand dunes are vital in protecting the coast line, not only do they provide a suitable habitat to many species, they act as a buffer against significant weather events, making this project of vital importance.
A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Make sure you book your spot online. Spaces are limited and they do fill up!
- We offer a free pick and drop off at Central Station for each project.
- No previous experience is required. We will provide you with all the know-how and safety info on site.
- We can provide you with a certificate of appreciation for coming along and helping out. (Just ask your Team Leader on the day!)
This is an ongoing project on selected days. Please see website for future dates.
Please wear sturdy shoes/boots, long pants, and long sleeve shirts. Hats, sunscreen, water and your own lunch are a must.
Pickup: 8.00am Central Station.
Drop off: approx. 4.00pm Central Station.
Or meet us there: 9.00am Congwong Beach
Finish on site: approx. 3.00pm
If you need any more information please give the Sydney office a call on (02) 9331 1610 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 02 9331 1610
- Phone: 0409 188 435
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://bookings.conservationvolunteers.org/project/congwong-beach-sand-dune-restoration-1
- Cost: Free
- Booking required
Congwong Beach, NSW 1532R Anzac Parade, La Perouse NSW 2036, Australia
Next Activity Sunday, 22 May. 2022 8:00am to 4:00pm This activity recurs every: Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday