Create a Healthy Workplace
Why create a healthy workplace?
- Healthy employees are nearly three times more productive than unhealthy employees and
- Unhealthy employees take up to nine times more sick leave than their healthy colleagues
- Poor employee health and absenteeism is costing Australian business $7 billion annually
We know the reasons for keeping healthy in the workplace and here are some tips to help you do it:
- Schedule outdoor activity into the working day by organising a regular walking group or accessing a professional to create the perfect program for your workplace
- Encourage your staff and colleagues to increase get active by promoting What’s On Outdoors in your workplace
- Consider adopting a formal workplace program where the planning has been done for you… Healthy Together Victoria and BlueEarth are two examples but there are many more around Australia. Please feel free to get in touch if we can help you find something locally.
- Walk the talk! Be a role model to your staff, clients and customers.
 This page was produced with the assistance of Medibank Community Fund with reference to the document below. If you would like further information please contact us.