Brookfield Conservation Weekend (August)
Would you love to spend a week away from Adelaide volunteering in an iconic South Australian location? We invite you to join our team travelling to Brookfield Conservation Park and immerse yourself in beautiful native bushland.
The Murray Mallee is one of the last remaining strongholds for populations of the Southern Hairy-nosed Wombat and this is a rewarding program that plays a key role in supporting the long term survival of wombat populations in the Murraylands, researching emerging health issues caused by the pressures of climate change and reduced food sources.
Join us to:
* Experience unique up-close wildlife interactions (if you are lucky you may be get to see one of our charismatic wombats!)
* Discover the history of the park
* Receive exclusive overnight park access
* Meet visiting researchers
* Enjoy a small group experience with up to 10 people
* Participate in a rewarding tour to help save the Southern Hairy-nosed Wombat
Cost $150 for 2-days/1-night. This covers transport between Adelaide and Brookfield Conservation Park, accommodation at the homestead and food for the weekend. You will also be joined by a qualified team leader that will provide training for all of the activities, as well as detailed information about the rich history and diverse natural habitat of Brookfield.
Please contact us for further details about this project and what is involved in volunteering; including what to wear, what to take and how to register to volunteer.
Bookings are essential! Limited vacancies.
Volunteers will need to bring:
* Strong work or walking boots
* Long pants (NOT leggings) and a long sleeved shirt
* Hat and sunscreen
* Work or gardening gloves
* Sleeping bag and pillow
* Any personal items and toiletries
- Jacki Smith
- Phone: 08 8352 4111
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://naturewise.com.au/eco-holidays/south-australia/brookfield-conservation-park-wombat-conservation/
- Cost: $150
- Booking required
Brookfield Conservation Park, Blanchetown SA Brookfield Conservation Park, Blanchetown, South Australia, Australia
This event has ended. Check for upcoming events.